Friday 18 September 2009

Weekend Workshop and Blop Hop Winner

Well, we had a fantastic response to the 1st ever Passion for Promarkers Blog Hop to launch the 56 brand new colours from Letraset, it looks like all of you are as excited as we are about all those lovely new colours to play with. The whole team would like to thank you all for entering and for all your lovely comments, and we hope you had as much fun as we did.
So without further ado, we’d like to announce the lucky winner of a complete set of 56 new colour promarkers is........................................
*****Julie*****

Congratulations Julie, you are now the proud owner of all 56 new promarkers, just email me with your address and she’ll send you out your prize.
We also had 11 mini prizes, each of the DT were offering 1 new colour promarker plus their blog hop card. So pop along to their blogs to check and see if you’re a winner.
Please note, all prizes must be claimed by Tuesday 22nd September or they will be re-drawn.
Now back to business, this week we are showing you some more blonde tutorials this week, Michele and yours truly have shown you how we colour blonde hair.
******************
Blonde Hair Tutorial - Michele
This is my preference of colours to use for colouring blonde hair Ivory, Pastel Yellow, Gold and Cinnamon.
image
The image I've used is stamped onto white Data Copy Colour Printing paper 160gsm using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
First of all, I go all over the hair in small circular motions using the colour Ivory.
image Then using very light strokes, I use Pastel Yellow
image
Now with the Gold ProMarker pen, go over the hair where you think it would be darker. Again using very light strokes.
image
Next I use the colour Cinnamon, where I think the hair would be darker.
Here's a little tip for you - don't throw away pens if they are running out.
I find these perfect for colouring hair, especially the darker colours.
image
Now with the Ivory ProMarker go over the whole of the hair using small circular motions.
image
Here is the image again fully coloured in.
******************
Blonde Hair Tutorial – Gina
This is my take on blonde hair, I have used Anya Snuggle and inked her with memento ink onto IQ paper.
25082009610
I started off using Primrose and covered the whole area of hair, I usually do a couple of coats just to get the ink into the paper and I find it blends better this way
25082009611
I then added Vanilla to the roots of her hair and the parts which I think are darkest, I do think that this is the hardest part deciding where is darkest, so I always do the roots the ends of the hair and then any where that hits an edge, i.e from a bow. I then go over the whole area again with the Primrose this blends in some of the Vanilla used
25082009612
I then moved on to Pastel Yellow, and again do the darkest areas but this time I use less than I did of the Vanilla, again I go over the whole area with Primrose
25082009613
I then go over the darker areas again to give it more depth but be careful not to overdo the darker areas as it will be harder to correct, once you are happy go over with the Primrose again just to blend in :)
25082009614
Hope that is of some help, like I always say the best way to learn is to practice yourselves and if you want to show us how you do it just drop us an email :)
Hugs Gina xxx
******************
coming up NEXT WEEK – Tutorial on colouring a Horse
Well we hope you have enjoyed the tutorials for this week, take care until next week :)
Hugs Gina, Denise and the DT xxx

15 comments:

Wilma said...

Hmmmm! very informative - blonde hair is very difficult to look right and not brassy - must give it a go -only thing is i dont have all the colours! LOL :)

Julie said...

Brilliant colouring tips and if I can't follow them with my new colours, well, I'll have such fun practising!

Thank you so much for my prize - you can't believe how happy I am!!

Juliexxxx

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Brilliant tutorial, i'm so glad i found this blog it's wonderful. Well done Julie for winning the amazing prize xxx

Kim. said...

Congratulations to Julie. Thank you ladies for the tutorials which were both very useful. Have a great weekend.
Kim xXx

Gina said...

Congratulations Julie, I seem to have deleted the other comments so please add another if your is missing :)
Hugs Gina xxx

Natalie said...

Congragtulations Julie. Enjoy your new pens, they are fabulous.

Natalie x

Michele Roos said...

Congratulations Julie. You're going to love these new pens, I do :0) Hugs Michele x

Wiccababe said...

congratulations Julie, you are gonna love these pens!!
congrats to all the winners on the DT blogs too
Debz
xx

Tanya said...

Congragtulations Julie. You a lucky girl....

Mary said...

Congratulations Julie!

Suzanne said...

Congratulatons Julie hope you enjoy them as much as I have. Great tutorials again this week too.Sue :o)

Julie said...

Thanks everyone - I still can't quite get over that I've won!! I've been walking around on cloud nine all day at work!!! Can't wait to try them out and follow all the fab colouring tips posted here! Woop, Woop!!!!

The Crafty Den said...

Congratulations Julie, you are going to LOVE them!! Hugs, Denise x
Fab tutorials again girls x

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Huge congratulations to Julie, and thanks so much for the tutorials :)

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

These coloring tutorials are really useful -- thank you!